1) VIDEO, VIDEO, VIDEOIt’s in demand and there’s proof why it’s worth everyone’s attention:
- YouTube viewers watch a billion hours of video each day
- Facebook users consume over 8 billion videos every day
- Snapchat has more than 10 billion daily video views
3) PRIVACY PROTECTIONA selling point in anyone’s marketing message should contain privacy protection due to the widespread problem it has become. In 2017, 143 million Americans were affected by one of the biggest breaches by a consumer credit reporting agency. You want to make your message induce a sense of trust and increase credibility. This will really make you stand out in a crowd! Check that your contact information is always up to date, display all secure badges prominently, secure your checkout process (if applicable) and always share customer reviews.
4) ARE CHATBOTS TAKING OVER?People think of chatbots and they think, FAKE! We should not associate a negative connotation with this. Chatbots have been around for years, but with some big improvements as of recent. More brands are working chatbots into their customer support and in doing so helping to perfect their chatbot marketing strategy. Customers want fast, reliable service so the future of bots is looking bright with an estimated 85% of customer interactions managed by chatbots by 2020. 70% of US Millennial Chatbot Users experienced a positive attitude toward their chatbot experience in a study done back in December of 2016. It’s only a matter of time before artificial intelligence become the new normal. (Source: Social Media Examiner)
All these trends will shape the landscape of social and digital marketing in 2018. To keep your brand ahead of the curve, you’ll need to update your content and strategy to reflect changing consumer desires.